Have you seen “What happened to your files” alert on your PC? If so, your PC is infected with Hermes 2.1 Ransomwares. And when you see it, the first step should be removing it because it is tricky and malicious. You don’t need to bring in it purposely, but it is here with some normal behaviors, such as spam emails, porn websites, or fake links. In most of time, freeware bundle can also play an important role. So it is no need to prevent it coming because few of users can successfully do it.
As long as you are connecting internet, Hermes 2.1 Ransomware can infect your PC with a high speed. However, internet is the necessary spice of life, you should learn to how to solve this problem in an efficient way. It is able to control the whole system, especially all the files on the PC. It will encrypt these files and prevent it being read. When users try to do so, it will remind users that this file is locked, if you want the key, you should follow what it asks them to do. It does easily understand that your PC will be really dangerous if you believe it. In this case, you will lose money, as well as your identity.
Hermes 2.1 Ransomware is originated from the virus or malware. And normally it is from adware. It could be one the most malicious ads from adware. So the information stolen by adware from your online habites will be taken use of in this issue. It could also redirect you to visit the other websites which pay it per click. It is also a good way to make money. But users will have to suffer suspicious web content and unwanted programs installed.
Remove Hermes 2.1 Ransomware Manually
>>Remove Hermes 2.1 Ransomware requires two steps: removing Hermes 2.1 Ransomware+ recovering the data. The manual part needs users to be professional users and they should find all the registry files related to Hermes 2.1 Ransomware. If you feel pressure, please choose the automatical part which helps you to get rid of Hermes 2.1 Ransomware with legistimate tools.
Part 1 For Windows OS users
Part 2 For Mac OS users
Part-1 Manually Get rid of Hermes 2.1 Ransomware from Windows OS
Step-1 Stop Hermes 2.1 Ransomware related process
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to lanch Windows Task Manager
2. Search process related to malware or viruses and click End Process
(Warning! Be careful of choosing the right process or you will be put in big trouble. If you are uncertain about it, please skip to the step-2)
Step -2. Get rid of unwanted Extensions related with Hermes 2.1 Ransomware from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon to delete Hermes 2.1 Ransomware extension.
- Make sure to remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Make sure to remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- Click Disable or Remove button of Hermes 2.1 Ransomware.
- Click Restart now if it pops up.
On Internet Explorer
- Open the IE, click the Tools button , and then click Manage add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window., and then select Hermes 2.1 Ransomware
- Make sure to remove all BHO’s you do not know or need.
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Click Remove and then click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge
(Microsoft Edge browser still does not have extensions settings. Now we only need to reset search engine and homepage to keep web browser hijacker away from the browser)
1. Rest the default search engine to remove browser hijacker
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, then input the search engine you like
- Now select the search engine you like and click Add as defaul
2. Rest the homepage on Microsoft Edge to remove redirect virus
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages
- select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage
Step-3. Uninstall all Potentially Unwanted Programs related Hermes 2.1 Ransomware
1. Open Control Panel window.
Win 10 user – Right-click on the Windows Start button and choose “Control Panel”
Win 8 user – Open the Settings Charm Bar by pressing Windows + I key on your keyboard , then click on the Control Panel option
Win 7 / Vista / XP user – Click on the Start button to open your Start Menu, then Click Control Panel
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program under the Programs category
3. In the Programs and Features window, click Installed On to display the latest programs, scroll through the list to seek and uninstall Hermes 2.1 Ransomware and other unwanted and unfamiliar programs that look suspicious.
Step-4 . Find and delete all registry files created by Hermes 2.1 Ransomware
1. Call out the Run window by pressing Windows + R keys together, and then type regedit and hit Enter key :
2. Find out and remove all registry files related with Hermes 2.1 Ransomware virus listed below:
(You may not be able to find out all files listed below as the virus keeps changing its files with name and path.)
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
(Recommend!) Remove Hermes 2.1 Ransomware on Windows OS
(In general, it is hard for computer users to identify all Hermes 2.1 Ransomware related files and progress and they may have problems of insufficient removal after the manual steps. Another severe problems is that Hermes 2.1 Ransomware-related unwanted programs insert malicious code in the registry. The wrong removal will harm the enthir system. So we recomnend you a tools suite for removing Hermes 2.1 Ransomware. SpyHunter Anti-Malware or Plumbytes Anti-Malware is designed to take care various virus and malware, and it is frinedly to the computer system and cause none harms and privacy leakage. It will run well on the system. )
Step-1 Install Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
1. Click the button below to download Plumbytes Anti-Malware
2. Double-click antimalwaresetup.exe to start the installation.
3.Run a system scan automatically to detect Hermes 2.1 Ransomware related threats:
4. Click Remove Selected to get rid of Hermes 2.1 Ransomware and all hidden viruses.
Step-2 Install Stellar Phoenix RAID Recovery: recover all the data decrypted
(Stellar Phoenix RAID Recovery is powerful, all-in-one, feature-rich software to recover lost or inaccessible data on Windows. The tool has a full range of advanced features for recovering files, photos, videos, documents, and emails from Windows hard drives, external media, and RAID servers. All the features of Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Pro plus RAID recovery and remote recovery.)
1.Download: Stellar Windows Data Recovery
2. install>> click Scan Now to remove the corrupted files
3. Select the file types you want to recover >> click Recover button:
（Alternative Method）Remove HERMES 2.1 RANSOMWARE Automatically
>>if you feel this method is easier or you have already got SpyHunter on your computer, you can choose this method!
Step-1 Install SpyHunter Anti-Malware.
1. Click the button below to download SpyHunter Anti-Malware:
2. After downloaded, double-click SpyHunter-Installer to start installing SpyHunter Anti-Malware.
3. When SpyHunter Anti-Malware is installed, run a scan to detect Hermes 2.1 Ransomware:
4. Once SpyHunter Anti-Malware completes the scan, click Fix Threats to get rid of all Hermes 2.1 Ransomware
Step-2 Install Restore Files with Data Recovery Pro：recover all encryption files
(Recovery step: it helps you to decrypt all files and fix all the error and bugs. Data Recovery Pro can be kept for long to keep the PC safe and clean. It will block Hermes 2.1 Ransomware comming again and other unwanted programs and threads to get on board)
1. Download and install：Data Recovery Pro:
2. Select Quick Scan or Full Scan and then click “Start Scan“to detect files damages by Hermes 2.1 Ransomware:
3. Check all the files type you want to recover and then click “RECOVER” button to rescue your files from Hermes 2.1 Ransomware：
Part-2 Guides to get rid of Hermes 2.1 Ransomware from Mac OS manually
Step-1. Find and delete malicious files related to Hermes 2.1 Ransomware in “Library” : Finder >> Go >>Library
You may see the following files in Library:
/Library/Application Support/Hermes 2.1 Ransomware/
~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Hermes 2.1 Ransomware NPAPIPlugin.plugin
/System/Library/Frameworks/Hermes 2.1 Ransomware.framework
2. Uninstall suspicious applications that may be connected with Hermes 2.1 Ransomware: Finder >>Applications >> Move to Trash
Step-3. Delete suspicious extensions associated with Hermes 2.1 Ransomware from Safari: ‘Safari’ >> ‘Preferences’>> extensions >> select suspicious extensions and click Uninstall
(Recommend!) Remove Hermes 2.1 Ransomware on Mac OS Manually
The best Mac OS protector: MacBooster 4 Lite，it will take care all issues on Mac for you. The functions include removing Malware, Adware, Spyware and Trojan; finding out junk file to keep your hard disk from being wasted; speeding up your Mac to make it run like new, uninstalling stubborn anr rogue apps completely; Cleanning to regain more available RAM and make apps start faster; Locating and removing the duplicated files on your Mac quickly; Finding and removing the large files you no longer need to free up more space; Securely deleting unwanted files without having them being recoverable.
1. Click the “Free Download“button below to download MacBooster 4 Lite, and run the file to completely the installation.
2. Once installed, click the System Status tab and click “Scan” to diagnose your Mac.
3. click “Fix” button to solve all detected problems. (You can also navigate to “Malware Removal” tab directly and scan and remove all Hermes 2.1 Ransomware related infections)
4. If the Hermes 2.1 Ransomware problem still exists, click the Uninstaller tab, and then find and uninstall suspicious and unwanted apps.
(Alternative Method) Remove Hermes 2.1 Ransomware with MacKeep
>>if you have already got Mackeep on the computer, you can choose this method.
1. click here:“download MacKeep” or the download button below download MacKeeper now:
2. Double-click “MacKeeper.3.10.2.pkg” <<follow its instructions to install it:
3. In “System Status” tab, run a Scan to detect the Hermes 2.1 Ransomware. Then click “Fix items Safely” to clean up all Hermes 2.1 Ransomware:
4. In Find & Fix tab, you can check the status of Mac and remove all threats.
5. In Geek on Demand tab, contact an expert to help you as an personal assistant.The Apple Certified Support Professional expert will provide solutions for any technical problem, whether a minor nuisance or a catastrophic failure.
6. Internet Security – Protect your Mac from identity theft, malware, spyware, adware, viruses and identity theft while using the Internet.
7. Files Recovery – Deleting files does not necessarily mean losing them forever. Now you can recover even after they are deleted from the trash.
8.Files Finder – Search and quickly find any lost or misplaced file, even without knowing what folder is.
9. Disk Usage – Look at the size of the folders on your hard drive to see at a glance which folders take up more space.
10.Anti-theft – If you steal your Mac, theft continues its location and even makes a snapshot of the thief with iSight.
The entire auto-method is easy to operate. You could be your own PC Guard with them. We hope it achieve a clean PC environment for you! Any question, Please contact us！
Any careless behavior will bring in Hermes 2.1 Ransomware. Please keep in mind that you should keep away from the spam email, illegal website, and unlicensed software, or anything of unreliable source.
Besides, regular security scan on the PC is recommended. And please reserve the functional and healthy security programs to assist you. RegcurePro for Windows OS and Mackeeper can be a great assistant. Wish you a clean computer environment!